About Shine-Yoga Retreats
Shine-Yoga and Retreats was born in 2016 from the desire to live inspired and experience deeper connections. In Yoga classes, workshops and retreats we hold space to dive deeper into the Yoga practice, explore the magic behind it and open doors for self-enquiry. The mission is to bring more connection to people like you, through Yoga, Spirituality and shared real-life experiences and an empowering community.
We do this by gathering experts, practices and ideas to lead your journey towards an inspired and healthy life through transformative Yoga and High-Vibe Retreats in awe-inspiring destinations. For the purpose of our health, happiness and own well-being, we want to feel whole, vibrant and energetic. We are creating a space where the wild & wellness lover can gather, re-charge, learn and grow in their yoga practice and life. Not only are we driven by a sense of connection to spirit, movement, and deep relaxation but also personal evolution. We share an attitude of being a bit more untamed, more real, vibrant and connected with our real and authentic self. With this, we help people accomplish far more, through movement, softening and connecting with our creativity and purpose. You will feel empowered and alive while vibrating on a higher frequency. The shine within you will be ignited.
I am the founder and driving force behind Shine-Yoga and Retreats. It´s my passion project inspired by the love for Yoga, personal growth and connections, and sharing the wisdom and power with others to feel more empowered and thrive in life. With over 16 years of experience, lot´s of training hours (RYT-850) and shared practices, I continually aim to evolve myself and share the knowledge. I hold a Master’s Degree in Media Economics and Intercultural Communications and I’ve spent the most transformative years of my life in Australia, Costa Rica, Bali and Ibiza -naturally transformative and spiritual places. Over the past several year´s I have also worked with leading global organizations like Google and YouTube while leading Shine-Yoga Retreats in Bali, Sri Lanka, Portugal and Ibiza with hundreds of happy retreaters. In addition to that I am also a #IamRemarkable facilitator and organized impactful women empowerment events like Women Will. About Shine-Yoga Retreats
Combining the best qualifications as a teacher
Ultimately, I believe that we need to know who we truly are and have the courage to live that version of ourself, create a healthy and balanced life with great food, exercise, fresh clean air, play and love to be happy. As a teacher, I share the wisdom of Yoga and modern spirituality. I provide emotional and physical comfort, access to more energy and a feeling of union and liberation. I believe the best way to teach and share knowledge is after you have experienced and felt it on your own. Over the past decade I have been learning from amazing teachers with concepts from the western, the eastern and the wild world out there. Along the way I learned wisdom that is not written in books and I truly have something to offer and feel authentic in my teachings. My own journey has let me to exotic countries; remote caves in the jungle with Shamans and plant medicine or trips into the Himalayan mountains with my Indian teacher or silent retreats in Bali or ecstatic dances in Mexico or…. and those outer adventures eventually shifted to radical inner adventures, liberation and inside peace.
When I am helping others, I am in the flow. Same like when we are on retreat together or in a class. That´s when the vibe is high and that’s when we start to glow and shine from within – that’s why I called it Shine-Yoga. Where you are is affecting who you are. Also, a reason why Shine-Yoga Retreats are in high energy places to enjoy the supporting power of nature. Along this beautiful journey of life, I learned wisdom that is not written in books and I truly have something to offer and feel authentic in my teachings. People come to me, to experience more belonging and joy but also for my reflection, intuition, and ability to give feedback -not only around Yoga. Helping you to cultivate your best self, is what I love and I share my knowledge with great passion.
Rise up and Shine
WHAT I TEACH
Shine-Yoga is a holistic approach to enhance the overall wellbeing and inspire tools for bringing the power of yoga into the flow of everyday life. The Yoga practice is more than just physical postures, we touch all our sense and work with our energy and breath. Sometimes dynamic, sometimes gentle always adding more to feel empowered, inspired and alive. Combining the best elements of Vinyasa Flow Yoga weaving in inspiration from Anusara and Hatha Tantra Yoga working with the energetic benefits, so everybody can understand. This is more than asana. By leveraging the best elements of each yoga style, strength, mobility and stability are gained in a safe way. We make our mind calm and blissful. Each class includes a breathing session and flow practice, with an anatomical, spiritual or philosophical theme and Meditation or Mantra practices. The techniques unlock greater power, joy and freedom. Ultimately to bring yoga off the mat, into the everyday life.
ENERGIZING VINYASA FLOW
Weaving in inspiration from Prana Vinyasa, Anusara and Hatha Tantra Yoga as well as Ashtanga Yoga methods. Connecting movement with breath, this awakens the sensations of your body, making yoga blissful, offering more than just asana. I aim to touch your heart, relax your mind and strengthen your body. The practice is gentle and powerful at the same time. This is allowing you to have a very deep and even spiritual experiences. You start to shine from within.
Signature workshops are 1. #IamRemarkable an empowering workshop, developed by Google. 2. ‘Secret Wisdom of Emotions’ workshop based on phsychology, yin yoga, chinese meridians, self-reflection, breathwork and anatomy of yoga. This is a holistic experience to discover and break free from emotional limitations. Both workshops help to boost your confidence, increase self-awareness as well as self-love and encourage you to let go of negative patterns.
Yoga for Special Events
1:1 focus on you and your needs. A private yoga class or events/corporate wellness workshops. Book me as Yoga Teacher / Facilitator or Speaker, bridging the gap and bringing proven Yoga and Wellness approaches to you or your company. Topics: Mind body balance for sustainable success, energy management and holistic lifestyle design e.g. for Corporate Digital Wellness, Female Empowerment, Well-being in Leadership etc.
- 300 hrs advanced Teacher Training, with the Association for Yoga and Meditation in Rishikesh. This authentic Indian Yoga Academy course includes both traditional and modern style Yoga. Hatha, Asthanga, Power, Vinyasa Flow, Restorative and Iyengar Yoga including Pranayama, Philosophy, Meditation, Mantra, Music and Anatomy. Focus is on Yoga Therapy (2018)
- 50 hrs, Tantra Shakti. The Power and Radiant Soul of Yoga – A Para Yoga Master Training with Yogarupa Rod Stryker in Bali / The Practice. Focus: Tantra, Bandha, Pranayama (2018)
- 50 hrs, Seat of the Teacher advanced training with Susanne Faith in Ibiza. Focus – Sequencing and defining teaching techniques with a powerful Anusara approach (2018)
- 200 hrs, `Total Transformation Teacher Training´ with focus on the Anatomy of the Core (Core Strenght Vinyasa Yoga) with Sadie Nardini (2017)
- Mantra workshops, therapeutic acro yoga training, more retreats, intensives, more teaching and practice, practice, practice (2016)
- Reiki 1 + 2. Attuned and certified by Magic of Reiki with Catherine Wheeler in Bali (2016)
- 200 hrs Vinyasa Flow and Anusara inspired Yoga Teacher Training with Reflections Yoga / New York in Costa Rica (2015)
- Meditation and Pranayama Intensive with Clive Sheridan (2015)
- 50 hrs Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Yoga Therapy Mallorca. A therapeutic intensive training. Focus: Anatomy, Facia, Meridian & Organ Theory (Chinese Medicine) using Yin Yoga as a healing approach for stress related illnesses (2014)
- 2003: My Yoga journey began when I was in university. I needed something that would help me to cope with stress and keep me sane. Something that would help me to find stability, clarity and connection. More important I needed something that would answer me a few questions that couldn´t be answered in uni. Questions about how to live a great connected life with integrity and thrive. I practiced regularly for 11 years and attended various workshops, Yoga conferences etc. before I started teaching and sharing the wisdom of yoga.
Shine adventures on INSTAGRAM