Yoga + Surf + culture retreat in paradise
This Yoga retreat in March 2020 is a travel experience for conscious travelers with a wild heart! Those who want to experience an inner and outer adventure and long to connect with other amazing people. The travelers who care for themselves and the country they are in and who want to be fit, healthy and increase their well-being!
Sri Lanka is diverse, wild & incredibly beautiful. So are we.
Live your shine
This retreat offers you an utterly amazing experience that you won´t forget.
Just imagine; spending 8 days close to stunning beaches, swimming in the ocean or chilling in a pool, practicing Yoga daily in an open jungle Shala or on the beach –whilst breathing in every sunset.
- Give yourself the time and space to unwind, relax and re-charge.
- Feel fit, vibrant and happy
- Explore a new culture
- Allow yourself to go on an adventure
- Disconnect from the everyday stressors in life
- Become still and listen to the voices within.
- Transform into the most alive and passion filled version of yourself
- Shine brighter from the new connections and friendships with the like-minded, inspiring people you’ll meet
All this whilst immersing yourself in an exquisite yoga and meditation practice
What to expect:
To get touched and inspired in many ways, improve your yoga practice, recharge, renew and find some answers for questions that are on your mind for a while and to learn a lot of new things.
In a natural and supportive environment like tropical Sri Lanka, lots of influences nourish and support your body, mind and spirit.
We practice yoga daily, strengthening our bodies, inspiring our minds, and connecting to our hearts. The classes are adapted to the group dynamic with each class building upon the next. During this journey, the individual and the group will evolve and deepen their practice.
We will experience the depth of Sri Lankan culture, flowing with its tropical lifestyle as we explore temples, connect to locals, attend ayurvedic cooking classes, enjoy the beachlife and other activities to re-charge, ground, feel energized and gain a fresh perspective on our life.
…and if you want to know what others say about Shine retreats click here.
Hiriketiya / Dikwella
Our home is just 1 min walking distance to stunning beaches with perfect waves for beginners and intermediate surfers. We can surf, swim, watch sea turtles and practice yoga in a unique outdoor Shala surrounded by a stunning, lush jungle.
The stunning Salt House boutique hotel will be our home for Yoga sessions
- 2 x daily Yoga, Meditation or Pranayama (beautiful, personalized long sessions that will leave you energized and blissful)
- Inspiring and empowering Yoga Styles: Detox flow, gentle flow and detox yoga. Every class is inspired with elements of Anusara, Hatha and Tantric inspired Vinyasa Yoga.
- 2 classes in workshop style. 1 x “Asana Lab ~ to learn all important Asana’s and their physical & energetic benefits”. 1 x “Create the love ~ Exploring the Anatomy of emotions workshop” or #Iamremarkable
- Group excursion to Galle Ford, World Heritage site (be ready to get inspired)
- 2 different Temples incl. guided tour and talk about history, ceremonies
- Group hikes in paradise, guides walks to stunning sunset cliffs
- Ayurvedic vegan cooking class
- 2 x surfboard rental and fun surfing sessions in tropical paradise (if you want)
- 8 x nights in stylish single rooms
- 8 x delicious breakfast brunch
- 3 x dinner
- Group experience (You are becoming part of a wonderful tribe)
- One day is without program to do what you feel like
Yoga Style during the retreat
Yoga Style during the retreat
The Shine Yoga style is a holistic approach that enhances our overall wellbeing and cultivates the inner tools needed to bring the power of yoga into the flow of life. When we practice yoga together we add more meaning to it. Not just a basic workout. The focus is always on mindful movements.
Our yoga sessions will be gentle but powerful. They will push you out of your comfort zone but in a mindful way that helps you to soften and re-gain energy. We will do a mixture of vinyassa yoga, yin yoga and restorative classes with each designed to create the space you need within to fully surrender and relax.
During the retreat you’ll learn yogic breathing techniques including Ujjayi Pranayama (ooh-JAH-yee prah-nah-YAH-mah) how to effectively work with bandhas (energy locks) and gain holistic knowledge to support your yoga practice and take into your daily life. In workshops / lectures we share holistic knowledge, for life & yoga.
By the end of this retreat you´ll be feeling
- more radiant and connected
This retreat is providing a healthy, relaxing and fun Yoga holiday experience – one that could possibly change your life…
Dikwella / Hiriketiya:
Single studios only 1 minute to the beach. Tropical, mind blowing Dikwella beach is right in front of you and you’ll be able the hear the waves at night.
We are all staying in a absolutely amazing community space with great socializing area, outdoor cafe&restaurant with stunning ocean views and the best coffee in Sri Lanka.
- Surfing (more surfing in the warm Indian ocean)
- Ayurveda cooking class
- Massages, Spa treatments
- Ayurveda treatments
- Visit the world´s 2nd biggest blowhole
- Chill… drift away in a day dream
- Walk in nature, observe. Look at the people around you. Be awake.
(These are a few, of many optional activities. Some are free and some + extra $. you can book this directly with the provider in Sri Lanka).
I understand that it can be pretty intimidating to sign up for a vacation with people you´ve never met before, but fear not! This is why I created Shine, to connect like minded people. To facilitate a safe and inspiring environment. As a group we go further and it´s more fun. You might meet as strangers but leave as friends.
This retreat is designed to offer you a full day retreat experience while enjoying the much needed me-time / free time for yourself. You can choose to participate in all yoga/meditation sessions, group meals, workshops, cultural excursions, sport activities or cooking classes – if you want. If you’d prefer more free time for yourself or if you’re not interested in surfing or other activities, that´s fine. It´s all optional.
Join us and let´s shine together!
Join us and let´s shine together!
For more info please get in contact.