Yoga + Surf + culture retreat in paradise
10 DAY WANDER RETREAT
This retreat is a travel experience for conscious travellers with a wild heart! Those who want to experience an inner and outer adventure and long to connect with like-hearted people. The travelers who care for themselves and the country they are in and who want to be fit, healthy and increase their well-being!
Sri Lanka is diverse, wild & incredibly beautiful. So are we.
Live your shine
This retreat offers you an utterly amazing experience that you won´t forget.
Just imagine; spending 10 days close to stunning beaches, swimming in the ocean or chilling in your own private salt water pool, practicing Yoga daily in an open jungle Shala or on the beach –whilst breathing in every sunset.
- Give yourself the time and space to unwind, relax and re-charge.
- Feel fit, vibrant and happy
- Explore a new culture
- Allow yourself to go on an adventure
- Disconnect from the everyday stressors in life
- Become still and listen to the voices within.
- Transform into the most alive and passion filled version of yourself
- Give more to help the well-being of others – 5 % of the profits from this retreat will be given to a local charity thats supports woman in Sri Lanka
- Shine brighter from the new connections and friendships with the like-minded, inspiring people you’ll meet
All this whilst immersing yourself in an exquisite yoga and meditation practice
What to expect:
To get touched and inspired in many ways, improve your yoga practice, recharge, renew and find some answers for questions that are on your mind for a while and to learn a lot of new things.
In a natural and supportive environment like tropical Sri Lanka, lots of influences nourish and support your body, mind and spirit.
We practice yoga daily, strengthening our bodies, inspiring our minds, and connecting to our hearts. The classes are adapted to the group dynamic with each class building upon the next. During this journey, the individual and the group will evolve and deepen their practice.
We will experience the depth of Sri Lankan culture, flowing with its tropical lifestyle as we explore temples, connect to locals, attend ayurvedic cooking classes, enjoy the beachlife and other activities to re-charge, ground, feel energized and gain a fresh perspective on our life.
…and if you want to know what others say about Shine retreats click here.
In February 2019
Beginning of the retreat:
Sunday, February 24th, 2019
End of the retreat:
Tuesday, March 5th, 2019
Unawatuna: Day 1-5. , February 24th – March 1st, 2019
Picturesque beaches, the jungle and enriching cultural experiences await us in Unawatuna. During the first half of our retreat we will practice yoga in the Sri Yoga Shala, meditate, attend mindful & inspiring workshops, visit cultural sights like the UNESCO World Heritage Galle Fort, learn about Sri Lankan history, experience authentic local cooking classes, and paddle with a Stand-Up-Paddleboard through a lagoon full of lotus flowers. All the while with plenty of time for you to relax, unwind and reconnect to yourself.
Hiriketiya / Dikwella: Day 6-10, March 1st – March 5th, 2019
During the second half of our retreat we’ll visit different temples and experience the incredible cultural diversity in Sri Lanka.
Our home is just 1 min walking distance to stunning beaches with perfect waves for beginners and intermediate surfers. We can surf, swim, watch sea turtles and practice yoga in a unique outdoor Shala surrounded by a stunning, lush jungle.
Yoga Style during the retreat
Yoga Style during the retreat
The Shine Yoga style is a holistic approach that enhances our overall wellbeing and cultivates the inner tools needed to bring the power of yoga into the flow of life. When we practice yoga together we add more meaning to it. Not just a basic workout. The focus is always on mindful movements.
Our yoga sessions will be gentle but powerful. They will push you out of your comfort zone but in a mindful way that helps you to soften and re-gain energy. We will do a mixture of vinyassa yoga, yin yoga and restorative classes with each designed to create the space you need within to fully surrender and relax.
During the retreat you’ll learn yogic breathing techniques including Ujjayi Pranayama (ooh-JAH-yee prah-nah-YAH-mah) how to effectively work with bandhas (energy locks) and gain holistic knowledge to support your yoga practice and take into your daily life. In workshops / lectures we share holistic knowledge, for life & yoga.
By the end of this retreat you´ll be feeling
- more radiant and connected
This retreat is providing a healthy, relaxing and fun Yoga holiday experience – one that could possibly change your life…
Shine and charity
5% of this retreat will be donated to a charity in Sri Lanka to empower young women.
Yoga retreat package:
$ 800,00 USD or 690,00 €
- 2 x daily Yoga, Meditation or Pranayama (18 sessions)
- 1 x Stand-Up-Paddle Yoga session in a lagoon full of lotus flowers
- 2 x workshops (inspiring, empowering + mindful)
- Group excursion to Galle Ford, World Heritage site
- 2 different Temples incl. guided tour and talk about history, ceremonies, group hikes, meditation in sacred spaces.
- Surfing in perfect conditions in paradise
- Group experience (You are becoming part of a wonderful tribe)
- 5% of this will be donated to a charity in Sri Lanka to empower young women.
9 nights in a single studio and the above Yoga package starting from.
$ 990,00 USD or 850,00 € (1 spot left)
For more info about the retreat contact me.
Unawatuna: Check in Februrary 25th – check out March 1st
Dikwella / Hiriketiya: Check in March 1st – check out March 5th
(ONLY 1 SPOT in a single room left!)
Start retreat, Sunday 24th: (1 st day, welcome)
3.30 pm Sri Yoga Shala:
Opening, welcome drink in the cafe, get together and open ceremony
4,30 pm Yoga class
Sunset at Wijaya Beach and dinner there
25th, Monday: (Yoga, Sri Yoga and Galle Fort)
- 7.00 am or earlier… sunrise, waking up in the jungle, tea, coconuts
- 8.00 am Morning Yoga ca. 1,5 Std
- 10.00 breakfast at Durga Café at Sri Yoga Shala
- Chill and hang out at the pool
- Galle Fort (Unesco World Heritage Site) and dinner in the fort
- 8.00 pm Yin Yoga, Meditation, chill
26th, Tuesday: (Meditation, SUB Yoga + Yoga at the Shala)
- 7 am Meditation on the beach,
- Light breakfast at Wijaya and then Stand up paddle board yoga in the lagoon
- 3.30 pm Sri Yoga Shala / chill, pool time
- 4.00 pm Yoga class
- 6.00 pm Dinner / Cooking class and speech about local food, using local ingredience
- Surfing (more surfing in the warm Indian ocean)
- Ayurveda cooking class
- Massages, Spa treatments
- Ayurveda treatments
- Safari´s to wildlife parc, you can see Leopards or Elephants in Sri Lanka
- Take a swing on the beach
- Visit the world´s 2nd biggest blowhole
- Chill… drift away in a day dream
- Walk in nature, observe. Look at the people around you. Be awake.
(These are a few, of many optional activities. Some are free and some + extra $. you can book this directly with the provider in Sri Lanka).
I understand that it can be pretty intimidating to sign up for a vacation with people you´ve never met before, but fear not! This is why I created Shine, to bring like-hearted people together. To facilitate a safe and inspiring environment. As a group we go further and it´s more fun. You might meet as strangers but leave as friends.
This retreat is designed to offer you a full day retreat experience while enjoying the much needed me-time / free time for yourself. You can choose to participate in all yoga/meditation sessions, group meals, workshops, cultural excursions, sport activities or cooking classes – if you want. If you’d prefer more free time for yourself or if you’re not interested in surfing or other activities, that´s fine. It´s all optional.
Join us and let´s shine together!
Join us and let´s shine together!
For more info please get in contact here